Monday, August 24, 2020

Nyakim Gatwech Model If She’d Consider Bleaching Her Skin For $10,000 :


South Sudanese model, Nyakim Gatwech, also known as “Queen of The Dark” ain’t here for the BS about her glorious dark skin.

    “I was [asked by] my Uber driver the other day, he said, ‘Don’t take this offensive but if you were given 10 thousand dollars would you bleach your skin for that amount?’” the goddess wrote on Instagram in late March.

    “I couldn’t even respond I started laughing so hard.”

    “[Then] he said, ‘So that a no’ and I was like hell to the f*king yeah [that’s] no.”

    “Why on earth would I ever bleach this beautiful melanin God [blessed] me with,” she added.

    “[Then] he said so you look at it as a blessing?”


Not surprisingly, this Uber driver was not the first to ask her this question. On the contrary, since arriving to the US from her birthplace, Ethopia, Gatwech has often endured offensive questions and comments.

When she was a school girl, her peers would say things like “You black as hell, take a shower.”

Back then, Gatwech actually considered bleaching her skin. Not because she hated her skin, but because she hoped in do so she could

    “avoid the dirty looks, the laughter, and for boys to find me attractive.”

Today, however, she is ALL about flexin in her complexion, and educating others on the importance of self-love. So when folks say offensive things, she doesn’t fly into a rage.

    “I feel the need to educate my peers on my skin color rather than not saying anything and having it anger me.”


It hasn’t always been easy, but Gatwech continues to push through the obstacles and encourage other dark skin girls to love themselves.

To the girls who may be struggling to accept themselves, Nyakim Gatwech offers:

     “You are beautiful, you are unique, and there are people who love you just the way you are. They say the darker the cherry, the sweeter the juice. Embrace your darkness!”

No comments: