Sunday, January 29, 2023

I have gotten into body building, I am so proud

I have gotten into body building, I am so proud
One thing I couldn’t wait to have when I first started this journey was nice shoulders.  I remember looking at other women wishing I had their shoulders and arms.

Now I am in love with what I have built.  Also 2 things I hated about myself growing up…..my smile bc I don’t have perfect teeth and my legs bc I had the family Thunder thighs and they ate everything I tried to wear that was cute.  I get more compliments on my smile and legs now more then ever.

It took tons of sacrifice, dedication,  consistency, trusting the process and time to look like I do now.  A lot of people think I’m obsessed with how I look……. At one time yes absolutely in was before I started working out.  Now it has nothing to do with being obsessed about my look but being obsessed about the challenge I make to myself everyday.

When I served in the Army I had a mission I knew what I was doing and what my purpose was and I had a purpose.  I didn’t have to find the “high” it was my job.  The 2 tours to Iraq are something I’ll never be able to feel again but ever since I have gotten into body building it’s the closest thing to it I have found yet.  
Meaning i have found a way to fight the war within myself without alcohol and I am so proud and happy about who I am today and where I am in life.

You are responsible for your own happiness!!!
Earned Not Given 💙💙

No comments: